Alert for Military Veterans

Published on August 12, 2022

Clerk Pin Graphic

PLEASE NOTE: It has come to the attention of Morris County Clerk, Ann F. Grossi, Esq., that there are companies soliciting Military Veterans advertising that the Veteran can obtain a “Certified Copy” of their discharge, DD214, by paying a certain fee to their company.

Please be advised that the Morris County Clerk’s Office offers a Certified Copy of the DD214 FREE of charge. If a Veteran has registered their Honorable Discharge with the Clerk’s Office, all that has to be done is call the office at 973-285-6122 to make an appointment to get a copy.

If the Veteran has not registered, and is a Morris County resident, they can make an appointment to register the discharge with the Clerk’s Office and receive a “Certified Copy”. Veteran's ID Cards are also available to those that record their discharge with our office.

The advantage of registering with the Clerk’s Office, is that the DD214 will always be available if the Veteran or a family member ever needs a copy.

View the services we offer for Veterans