Federal Post Card Application Instructions
In order to vote using the FPCA, you must be one of the following:
- An active duty member of the U.S. Uniformed Services, Merchant Marine or Activated National Guard
- A family member of the above (spouse or dependent)
- A U.S. citizen residing outside the U.S.
For detailed instructions and submission deadlines, please refer to the New Jersey Guidelines for Military and Overseas Civilian Voters
Federal Post Card Applications (FPCAs) can be submitted by email, mail or delivery service, or fax:
Please note the following:
- Use of the email submission procedure requires not only a computer, but also a printer and scanner. The application must be submitted as a PDF.
- If you are not already registered to vote, you must send the original hard copy of the FPCA if it has been submitted by fax or email.
- Do not submit a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) unless you have already submitted the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) prior to the election deadline and have yet to receive a ballot.
- Do not return your voted ballot to the above email address. Completed ballots should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions on how to submit your ballot will be included when your requested ballot is sent to you.